Sunday, July 3, 2011

Bye bye Rome

Our last day in Rome we got a lot done. I really love the city of Rome I would have to say it's one of my favorite up there with Venice. It's so amazing to see just how old these buildings are and all the different centuries they have stood. We started by going to the Spanish steps and got a really great view of the city. Amy and I then went to the Borghese Museum which at this point in our trip was another classical museum with more classical paintings and statues. But it was good to go see. We then went back to the Spanish steps to get the other view looking from the bottom up. It was SO crowded there. Lastly we had to go to the Pantheon and that was really amazing to see. The building has the streets built up around it. At that point our feet we so tired we were ready to go have a break. Later that night we went to see the colosseum at night all lit up. I'll have to post those pictures up later.

Now we're in Paris and we go to the Louvre tomorrow :)

Pantheon

pantheon columns

the scooter - They're everywhere in ITALY

Street signs - they have them on the building

me in St. Maria's church

interior of St. Maria

the Pantheon

the Oculus


Overlooking the Spanish steps

enjoying the cool breeze :)

the pantheon and me

the Oculus and I

another Michelangelo work of art

Amy and I finding our way

1 comment:

  1. You're going to have to do a family fireside. Maybe some of your fellow travellers could come too.

    ReplyDelete