Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Day 2


The outside and inside of the museum

very cool statue

painting with a unicorn apparently they do exist!

This one people should recognize from Desperate Housewives intro. I edited it for those who are sensitive
Some nice greek heads

kissing the nice greek head

This was a very random but cool spiral staircase :)

Hofberg palace (small part of it)

They had lots of silver and china sets and they were all beautiful and this was also to show how wet I was but you can't really tell. They just look like dark jeans now instead of light ones. ha ha

Yes that is clear skies! It was nice and sunny once we got done with the palace tour. We should've just waited it out!




DAY 2 The forecast for today was rain. By the way thanks grandma for the umbrella! We just didn't know how much so we planned on staying inside for museums for most of the day. So those of us who had umbrellas brought them.

We started off by going to a museum with classical art. It was beautiful inside and had lots of artwork inside. Too much to be able to see it all in 2 hours. I snapped some photos of my favorite ones and one I recognized.

After the museum we decided to go to the Hofburg Palace to take a tour. By then it was raining outside and it didn't look like anything an umbrella couldn't handle. We head out 2 per umbrella. It was pouring rain!!! Like literally dumping water. We start to go and then some wind picks up and it gets under the umbrella and some people umbrella went inside out. Amy the girl who was under my umbrella said forget it and ran to the palace which was about 2 blocks away. So I hold the umbrella close and run as fast as I can. There were many spots where the water was 3 inches deep. It was crazy! I was drenched everywhere, but the top of my head and face. I have pictures where my hair is kind of curly and that was because it was wet. My jeans were soaked! It was a fun memory to make, but so so crazy!

We finally get to the palace and still decided to attempt to see if they would let us go in. We got in and it was really fun to see the decked out rooms. The empress Sisi had a room for getting dressed, bathing room, toilet room, workout/hair dressing room, and lots of others. I couldn't take pictures of any of that, but I have a picture of the outside. It was so big I could never get it all.

We were all starving and stopped at the best place to get a Wienerschnitzel which is this breaded meat. It's HUGE and delicious!

That's were we ended for the day, because the weather hasn't been too favorable. Another post tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. I'm impressed that you don't let rain take away one of your days out on tour.
    What's with all the nude statutes? I've wondered why Europe has so many.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Before I read about the rain I thought to myself "what is going on with her hair?!" haha

    ReplyDelete