Thursday, June 9, 2011

Day 3

Karl's Platz

I recognized these poles from an art history class I took

Succession building

Awesome fruit stands

for those of you who know "The Kiss" by Gustav Klint this is another painting by him he has a very particular style and he also had other work there, but I enjoyed this one the most


Well today we got off to a slow start, because we had to go take care of some reservations for Venice, but after that Alan took us down some different street to head to this food market place. It was really fun kind of like the farmer's market in Logan. The buildings we passed were absolutely beautiful! The architecture is so fun to look at it really is incredible. Also we passed the succession building and other important buildings that I have already forgotten what they were exactly.

After that we went to a modern art museum and saw some very interesting and paintings and posters some from the succession. Then Rica and I went to go explore on our own and we found an H&M it was I think 4 stories and incredible! I found me a nice European hat ;) for 7 Euros. They also had this gorgeous Swarovski crystal store that had sculptures and other things made of the crystals. We headed back shortly after that, because the shops close so early here Kind of a short day, but I'm really looking forward to a bike ride down the Danube today!

I wasn't able to get on the internet last night so that's why this is late.

2 comments:

  1. Bike ride down the Danube sounds awesome! But I'm also jealous of the 4 story h&m!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's your favorite fruit? Did you try some?

    ReplyDelete