Tuesday, June 7, 2011

VIENNA!


I'm in Vienna! I think the first culture shock occurred when I was landing in Poland and the whole plane burst into applause. The Polish people really have it right we all should do that. So far everyone that I have talked to have been able to speak English as well. Which is really nice! Makes me think I really should have a second language. Maybe German? The hostel I'm staying at really isn't as bad as I thought it would be. As you can see by the pictures below.


Everything in Vienna is really old! I love it. There's so many details to look at, it has so much character. A lot of the doors here are really tall and ornate. I will have to get some pictures of them soon. I'm still adjusting to the time zone and everything so I'm turning in early. Night!






3 comments:

  1. Do you think in a couple of months, you'll cheer when you touch down in the US???
    It will be interestly to see how the local treat you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! The locals are fairly friendly. They don't really talk to you unless you talk to them, but they would open the subway door if I couldn't get to it. It's more of a unspoken friendliness. If that makes sense. :)

    ReplyDelete